About Management (MGMT) Studies
A Career in Management or as an Entrepreneur – We Have Courses for You.
Understanding the principles of business management can open a world of opportunity. The Business management area of study at East Los Angeles College prepares you for success in a variety of disciplines. The management courses prepare students as entrepreneurs, small business owners, supervisors, and organization managers.
Course in Management: Take a course and build your knowledge of management and entrepreneurship.
- Management 02 (MGMT 02): Organization and Management Theory
- Management 06 (MGMT 06): Public Relations in Business
- Management 13 (MGMT 13): Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Management 15 (MGMT 15): Small Business Management II (Advanced)
Business Management: Skills Certificate, Certificates of Achievement, and Associate in Arts in Business Management:
Build your resume or follow a well-rounded path toward understanding what
it means to operate a business or manage a small business. Here at ELAC, you have three opportunities to build your knowledge and build your resume in management to you can grow your own business or advance in a career.
- Micro Business Management – Skills Certificate (12 – 14 units)
- Business Management – Certificate of Achievement (19-21 units)
- Business Management – Associate in Arts Degree (42 -44 Units + 21 LACCD GE Courses)
Career Opportunities: Start or run your own business, supervisor, general manager, or program director.
Video: Small Business Entrepreneurship
Do you want to transfer into a Degree program and emphasis in Management? Here are some examples.
Check out these options with the California State University system:
California State University Northridge Bachelors in Science, Management
California State University Cal Poly Pomona, Management and Human Resources
University of California Riverside, BS in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management
The Management and Organization Department at the University of Southern California
Loyola Marymount University, Bachelors Major in Management
Pepperdine University, Bachelor of Science in Management