Click on a MAP above to view in PDF version.
Gas Leaks or the Treat of Explosion
- Designated staff and/or the Sheriff's office personnel will contact each building, office, classroom or laboratory personally to advise you of the need to evacuate to a safe location
- No Bells, cell phones, radios or bull horns will be used to announce the need to evacuate due to the possibility of detonation or explosion.
- The individual advising you to evacuate will direct you to a safe evacuation area.
- Once at the evacuation area, wait for further instructions.
- The order to close the campus will originate from the highest ranking administrator/employee on campus at the time of incident in consultation with the Office of the L.A.C.C.D. Chancellor
- You will be advised that the area is clear of all gas and that you can return to your work station or classroom either verbally or by a continuous sounding siren.
- The fire alarm or evacuation order is signaled by a continuous bell.
- When the alarm is activated, gather up all your personal belongings, turn off any source of gas and leave the building. The last person to exit the room should close the door behind them. Proceed to the nearest "Emergency Assembly Zones campus map.
- Do not the E.A.P. until receiving further instructions or the "all clear" is signaled by a continuous sounding siren.
- At the first indication of a major earthquake, drop to the floor and cover your head.
- When it is determined safe to do so, exit the building. Once outside, stay in a location that is safe from falling debris rom buildings, clear of falling power lines, broken gas lines, and any other overhead danger.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Wait at the location for further instructions.
- Once you become aware of a campus violence situation, call the Sheriff's Office at (323) 265-8800 or call 911.
- Try to ascertain if it is safer to evacuate the building or barricade yourself in the room.
- Attempt to remain calm and wait for law enforcement assistence.
EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
East Los Angeles College:
East Los Angeles College:
|Campus Telephones||Oustside Telephones|
|Sheriff's Station||Ext. 8800||323.265.8800|
|Vice President - Administrative Services||Ext. 8669||323.265.8669|
|Vice President - Academic Affairs||Ext. 8676||323.265.8676|
|Plant Facilities||Ext. 8756||323.265.8756|
|Police Department||9 - 911||911|
|Fire Department||9 - 911||911|
* IN ALL EMERGENCY SITUATIONS, ASSIST OR PROVIDE FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES THAT MAY REQUIRE HELP TO EVACUATE OR OTHER ASSISTANCE.