- Institutional Effectiveness
- OIE Staff
- Research Request
- College at a Glance
- College Plans
- Program Review and Annual Update Plans
- Hiring Prioritization
- Institutional Effectiveness Goals Framework
- Institution-Set Standards
- Program Viability
- Reports and Presentations
- Research Staff Professional Development
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Advancement Research Requests
Before making a request, please review the publicly available resources listed below that may meet your needs.
Research Request Status
OIEA’s home-grown web-based applications (login required): https://data.elac.edu/
- Program Completions App: Presents the number of awards and certificates by program for the past six academic years. Completion numbers may be disaggregated by race/ethnicity and gender, as well as by online and South Gate Educational Center students.
- Course Scheduling App: Visualizations that display the time of day and day of the week scheduling for all courses by term. Includes the number of enrollments, allocated hours and number of sections for each course.
- Milestones App: Cohort-based tracking of completion milestones, including degree and certificate completion, transfer level English and math completion, and 60, 45 and 30 unit completion.
- Course Completions App: Course enrollments, success and retention by Department, Discipline and Course. Data may be disaggregated by race/ethnicity, gender, age and other student characteristics. This app also contains a “Facts in Brief” of the college by term.
District Student Surveys: https://www.laccd.edu/Departments/EPIE/Research/Pages/Student-Surveys.aspx
District-wide student survey results where students share their educational experience and provide feedback to colleges and the District. The survey is administered every two years at all nine colleges.
District Data Reports: https://www.laccd.edu/Departments/EPIE/Research/Pages/default.aspx
District-wide reports on enrollment trends, student characteristics, and service area demographics.
The LaunchBoard, a statewide data system supported by the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office and hosted by Cal-PASS Plus, provides data to California community colleges on progress, employment, and earnings outcomes for both CTE and non-CTE pathways. This platform is home to various metrics including the Student Success Metrics and Strong Workforce Program Metrics (direct links below).
Student Success Metrics: https://www.calpassplus.org/LaunchBoard/Student-Success-Metrics.aspx
View student progression along various educational journeys, from recruitment to completion, transfer, and the workforce.
Strong Workforce Program Metrics: https://www.calpassplus.org/Launchboard/SWP.aspx
View completion, employment and workforce data for the college and region. This may be used for examining long-term outcomes.
Chancellor’s Office Data Mart: https://datamart.cccco.edu/datamart.aspx
Contains data on student demographics, enrollments, FTES, outcomes, and faculty and staff. Data is available for all 115 colleges and 72 districts statewide.
CSU Analytic Studies: http://www.calstate.edu/as/ccct/index.shtml
California community college transfers to the California State University System. Data is disaggregated by the incoming students’ CSU major and institution of origin.
UC Info Center Transfers by Major : https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major
California community college transfers to the University of California system. Data is disaggregated by students’ declared UC major and institution of origin.
UC Info Center Admissions by Source School: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/admissions-source-school
California community college transfers to the University of California system. Data is disaggregated by institution of origin and transfer GPA. Also, includes the number of students who applied to the UC, were admitted and ultimately enrolled.
The Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System gathers information from every college, university, and technical and vocational institution, which participates in the federal student financial aid programs.