- Transfer Center
- Transfer Services
- Book Counseling Appointment
- How to Transfer
- Transfer Planning
- Apply For Transfer
- Associate Degree for Transfer
- Transfer Programs
- TAG Information
- Events Calendar
- Transfer Info Websites
- General Education
- University Representative Visits
- GPA Calculator
- Workshop Materials
- Transfer Committee
How to Calculate Your GPA
Your GPA (Grade Point Average) is the average of your end of term grades. You can figure your GPA on a semester by semester basis or for your cumulative, overall GPA.
Grades are assigned a numerical value:
A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0
Note: Units attempted that result in CR/NC, W, IP, RD or INC grades are not used to calculate the GPA.
|ENGLISH 101||3||X||A (4)||=||12|
|MATH 227||4||X||B (3)||=||12|
|SOC 1||3||X||B (3)||=||9|
|EARTH 1||3||X||C (2)||=||6|
|POL SCI 1||(3)||X||W (0)||=||0|
- Multiply the units attempted by the numerical value of the grade to get grade points
Units attempted Grade Grade Points Example: 3 x 4 = 12
Total the units attempted column and total the grade point column.
- The GPA is determined by dividing the total grade points by the number of attempted units.
Grade Points Units attempted Grade Point Average 39 / 13 = 3.0