Incoming freshman, sophomores, or transferring students may send a video audition and could be asked to join preseason training, though this is not a guarantee of making the squad.
Must be a full-time student (min 12 credits) for the Fall 2014 semester.
- If you are an incoming freshman or transfer student, you MUST apply into the college and you must provide verification that you have applied.
- If you are a current student you MUST provide a copy of your student ID and a copy of your fall class schedule by summer practice.
* Eliminations may begin as early as day 1 of submissions. Please keep in mind that we look for athletic ability and potential. The best assets you can bring to auditions is a positive mind set, eagerness to learn, and your spirit and pride!
Video Auditions Requirements
All the below requirements must be demonstrated and ALL application forms must be completed and included with your video submission.
Your video should be a Minimum of five minutes, maximum 10 minutes.
Your video should include the following:
- Personal interview on why you should attain a spot on the team and how you would represent ELAC as an ELAC Cheerleader.
- Motion/Dance Techniques Your high School Fight Song Routine or if you do not have one, use a sideline routine from your school.
- Chant/Cheers Exemplifying your experience with motions, dance, voice/loudness, jumps, tumbling, and stunt techniques.
Areas of Judging
2014-2015 ELAC Cheer Application (downloaded and printed from the ELAC Cheer website.)
- No more than two minutes long.
- Round-off (Required)
- Standing back handspring
- Standing back tuck
- Running pass (minimum tuck)
*Please be prepared to demonstrate your most difficult tumbling pass. Please keep in mind that we DO understand that many of you have not tumbled on a field or track surface which will be required, but this will not be held against you in scoring, and again, we are looking for potential.
- Toe Touch, Pike, Right and Left Hurky, Right and Left Hurdles
- Back/Front Spot
- Optional stunts
Please keep in mind that we DO understand that many of you have not stunted with a male partner, this will not be held against you in scoring, and again, we are looking for potential.
If you are experienced in stunting, please be prepared to demonstrate your most difficult skills if chosen for the team.
We are looking for your performance potential as an individual and in a team during athletic games.
Video Auditions Submissions
Due: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 5:00p.m.
Submit all required video and cheer application in an envelope to:
Submit the envelope to the ELAC Mailroom, building G-1, Room 116, make sure the staff personal stamps the date and time it is submitted or send it to the following address with the date post mark of no later than April 19, 2014: