About the Honors Program
The Honors Program Offers You:
- Guaranteed priority consideration for admission to UCLA, UC Riverside, UC Santa Cruz, UC Irvine, Loyola Marymount University, Mills College, Occidental College, Pitzer College, Pomona College, Chapman University and Whitman College.
- Academically enriched classes stressing critical thinking and written expression.
- Honors designation on your transcript for each completed Honors course.
- Honors Program certificate awarded upon completion of five Honors courses with a 3.0 GPA.
- Honors Program certificate noted on your transcript.
- Increased student-instructor interaction through small classes and frequent association with other academically motivated, transfer-oriented students.
- Easy online registration for Honors courses for eligible students.
- Access to UCLA's library card, participation in field trips, research conferences, and cultural events.
- Unique scholarship opportunities at UCLA and East Los Angeles College.
Eligibility for the Honors Program:
- Continuing Students - A cumulative "B" average (3.0 GPA), eligibility for or completion of English 101, and completion of 12 transferable units.
- New students - A cumulative "B" average (3.0 GPA) in high school and eligibility for English 101.
Requirements for Completing the Honors Program
- Enrollment in 6 or more transferable units per semester, maintenance of a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a 3.0 GPA in Honors courses.
- Completion of five Honors courses with a 3.0 GPA for certification upon transfer.