ASSIST, "Academic and Student Support to Improve STEM Transfer", is a NSF grant focusing on increasing the number of ELAC students successfully transferring or graduating in STEM disciplines, and includes a summer bridge program for graduating High School students planning to enroll as STEM majors, to increase engagement, retention and success. Resources and activities being added or expanded are research, intensive faculty advisement and counseling, improved articulation with our local 4-year colleges, and channeled support through the prerequisite and requisite STEM classes.
Academic and Student Support to Improve STEM Transfer
Goal: Increase the number of STEM graduates and transfers.
- Outreach to High Schools to prepare students for matriculation at ELAC in STEM fields,
- Offer mentoring program,
- Increase the number of pathways for achieving a STEM degree (more courses, degrees…),
- Provide/Sponsor undergraduate research, and Augment the number of transfer agreements with 4 year institutions.
- Summer Bridge Academy
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Transfer to 4-yr Institution for degree completion.