Microsoft IT Academy
What Is Microsoft IT Academy?
It's a subscription-based membership program designed to help schools offer students and faculty learning solutions for IT skills training and certification as well as technology essentials for professionals. Access to these resources can help students build a successful future with the skills that employers demand. Microsoft IT Academy offers the opportunity for faculty to stay up to date on the latest Microsoft technologies. Best of all, its built-in flexibility makes it easy to integrate these technologies into new or existing curricula, so schools can tailor classes to meet the needs of students of all ages and levels of experience.
Designed for accredited academic institutions
Microsoft IT Academy is a comprehensive program that helps support ongoing technology education for a wide range of students, teachers, and faculty. The program features access to software licenses, E-Learning, official Microsoft course materials, and certifications. E-Learning and course materials range from computer basics to high-level programming, along with information and communications technology (ICT) management.
Certifications cover the spectrum of professions within the IT industry, carefully developed with experts from the workforce to ensure validity and reliability.
IT Academy offers the following:
- The latest Microsoft software for labs, classrooms, and PCs used by students
- Access to a wide range of Microsoft E-Learning courses and the Instructor Learning Management System (LMS) to help track and monitor student progress
- Discounts on official courseware that is available to academic institutions only
- E-Reference Libraries that offer instant access to more than 500 Microsoft Press books online
- TechNet, which provides a wealth of resources for teachers seeking to expand their professional development and students mastering IT professional concepts and skills
- Marketing tools to promote the association with the Microsoft brand and official certifications
Students can get hands-on experience with the latest Microsoft software and hundreds of web-based E-Learning courses. And because Microsoft Certifications are widely recognized by employers, the program can help your school give students an edge in today's competitive job market.
One example is Dunbar High School in Florida. Microsoft IT Academy and Dunbar High School have worked together to award more than 850 technical certifications, with test scores that soar above the state average. In 2008, Dunbar became the first school in the world to have 100 percent of its IT Academy students achieve Microsoft Certifications.
Watch a video about Microsoft IT Academy at Dunbar High (.WMV file, length: 3:24)