The Associated Student Union is the official student government of the college. It's made up of a student board, which advocates for the needs of students at the college, district, and state levels. All regularly enrolled students are encouraged to become members and also to participate in student government.
Membership supports the activities of the ASU and other student organizations including campus clubs. The Membership Fee is usually $7.00 per semester for all full and part-time students. In addition to supporting student government, members receive the following benefits:
- ASU Preferred Parking (subject to space availability and regular parking fee paid).
- Discounts at Local Retailers and Restaurants with FREE Community Discount Card.
Free or Discounted Admission to ASU Events including field trips, dances, barbecues, and concerts along with cultural and sporting events.
- Discount on tickets for AMC Theaters, Regal Theater, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, and other amusement parks.
- Free Scantrons and Blue Books during finals week.
- Access to Student Clubs. (Click here for a list of Student Clubs)
- Book Rental Program for Math 115, Math 125, Math 227, and many other books...
- Calculator Rental Program.
- Laptop Rental Program.
- Free laptop giveaway(s) per semester.