Your Browser Doesn't support the Javascript CARE Program: Frequently Asked Questions
Skip navigation

East Los Angeles College

Home > Current Students > Student Services > EOPS > C.A.R.E. Program > Frequently Asked Questions

What is C.A.R.E?

C.A.R.E. is a state funded student support program within E.O.P.S. for SINGLE PARENTS!

What is E.O.P.S?

The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services Office is a state funded program which is designed to go above and beyond other services offered on campus. We assist students in completing a certificate, an Associate of Arts/Science degree and/or transferring to a four year university.

How do I qualify for C.A.R.E.?

To be eligible student parents must be enrolled in the EOPS Program, have at least one child, be a single parent, head of household, receive cash aid for self &/or children from CalWorks/TANF, be 18 years old or older, and be a full time student.

Do food stamps count as cash assistance?

No, you must be receiving money from CalWork/sTANF.

Will being part of C.A.R.E. affect my cash aid?

No, the money and services that you receive from C.A.R.E. will not count against you.

I am a DSPS student, what if I don’t have 12 units?

If you are part of the Disabled Students Program and they verify, in writing, that they recommend less than 12 units, then you do not have to be a full time student.

When can I apply for C.A.R.E.?

Applications for the program start in December for the Spring Semester, and June for the Fall semester. Space is limited on a first come, first serve basis, so apply early. You can call the E.O.P.S. Office for exact dates.

Do you provide childcare?

No, unfortunately, the C.A.R.E. program does not provide childcare. For information on child care on campus please contact the Child Development Center