Your Browser Doesn't support the Javascript Continuing Veteran Students:
Skip navigation

East Los Angeles College

Home > Current Students > Student Services > Veteran Services > Continuing Veteran Students:
Continuing Veteran Students:

East Los Angeles College
Veterans Center


Continuing Veteran Students (have received GI Benefits at ELAC more than a year ago, or were receiving benefits at another college/university)

  • Must complete VA from 22-1995 request for Change of Program or Place of Training.

  • Have transcripts from all other colleges previously attended sent directly to the Admissions Office. This applies even if the attendance was for a short time with no units completed

  • Must see a counselor and obtain a Student Educational Plan (SEP) declaring a major with courses needed to obtain your current academic objective. The VA will only pay for classes listed on your SEP. You can schedule an appointment with the Counseling Department at (323) 265-8751

  • Must complete and submit an ELAC Veteran application packet for each semester for continuous VA Educational benefits.

  • May repeat courses only if necessary. ("F" or "NCR" grade)

*All VA forms are available at website or at the ELAC Admissions office.

If you have any questions please contact Denise at (323) 265-8650 ext. 8525, Mon-Thurs from 8-7p.m. and Friday 8-12p.m.