Your Browser Doesn't support the Javascript New Students Veteran:
Skip navigation

East Los Angeles College

Home > Current Students > Student Services > Veteran Services > New Students Veteran:
New Students Veteran:

East Los Angeles College
Veterans Center

New Student Veterans (Not Entitled to Educational Benefits)

If a veteran qualifies for Vocational Rehabilitation they are advised to contact the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service ( to file a claim and connect with a case manager.

  1. Apply- Complete an Admissions Application in person at the Enrollment office in E-1 121 or apply online at and select Apply Online on the right hand corner.

  2. Assessment- All new students must participate in the Mathematics, English and/or ESL assessment placement. The Assessment is on a first come first serve basis offered at varying times throughout the year. For more information please refer to

  3. Orientation- Academic Counselors present Orientation Workshops to review general college information and advice on recommended classes. To see a list of dates and times for orientations check the Counseling Department website at: or stop by the Counseling Department in E1-127.

  4. Financial Aid- Complete a Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG) and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if you are a US Citizen or eligible non-citizen (US Permanent Resident or have an I-94 Card). For more information visit Financial Aid/Scholarship office in E1-173. To complete the FAFSA online go to ELAC's school code is 001222.

  5. Register- Go to the Admissions Office in E1- 105 to register for classes in person. To register fo classes online go to and select Register for Classes on the right hand corner. You will need your student ID number (ex.881234567) and Pin which is your birthday month and day (January 5 =0105).

  6. Pay Fees- Fees can be paid at the Fiscal Office in E1 135. Fees may also be paid online on the Student Information System by using a credit card. Go to and click on Register for Classes on the right hand corner. You will need your student ID number (ex. 881234567) and PIN which is your birthday month and day (ex. January 5 = 0105).

  7. ELAC Identification Card (ELAC ID)- Students can get an ELAC student ID card once they have completed the registration process (the previous 6 steps). Bring your official ELAC print out of classes from the Fiscal Office and a valid photo ID ex: high school ID or Driver's License to the ELAC information window located in E1 102.

  8. Follow Up- During the semester, schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP). Appointments are scheduled starting at 8:00am in person on Fridays for the upcoming week in the Counseling Office E1-127. Governor