Board of Trustees
Health & Safety
Frequently Asked Questions
Student VTEA Form
Student Email Update Instructions
Student Learning Outcomes, What Students Need to Know
Find Your Course Learning Outcomes
Faculty & Staff
Aetna: 2012 Promotional Calendar
Campus Sheriffs Station
Child Development Center
College Mission Statement
CollegeBuys Purchasing Programs
Contact Payroll Hotline
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Faculty & Staff Resources (LACCD)
Illness, Injury & Prevention Program
LACCD Employee Self Service Portal
Online Faculty Services
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Teaching Learning Center and Staff Development
Grant Office (Title V)
Vincent Price Art Museum
Wealth & Home Ownership
WebFaculty Roster Online
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Health Benefits (pdf)
Seniority & Priority Lists
SharePoint External Access Instructions
Career Tech Program
Community Services (Extension Courses)
Track & Field
Track & Field
Approved Educational Master Plan Goals, Objectives, Action Items, and Assignments
Faculty & Staff
> Educational Plan Subcommittee
Educational Planning Subcommittee:
The Educational Planning Subcommittee (EPSC) was established under the auspices of the Academic Senate and is tasked with monitoring the completion of the Educational Master Plan goals, objectives, and action items. It also oversees the implementation of the educational goals in the college and district strategic plans. The EPSC provides oversight to the Learning Assessment Committee, Student Success Committee, Transfer Committee, Matriculation Committee, Distance Education Committee, and Off-Site Committee on matters related to educational quality. The EPSC also addresses issues related to the college’s educational program, including academic programs and enrollment issues.
For the 2013-14 academic year, the EPSC prioritized the following nine Educational Master Plan action items:
3. Develop enrollment management strategies to increase students’ ability to be fulltime students.
6. Maintain appropriate support services and create an evaluation plan to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of current offerings/availability of student support services, e.g., tutoring sessions and workshops; and implement successful lessons learned from it.
7. Assist faculty in being more proactive in assessing students’ academic performance, providing them feedback within the first three weeks of instruction, and referring students to appropriate support services.
8. Review effectiveness of current student orientation and expand its use online and within classroom sessions.
13. Realign student support services to target first‐time college students (especially during the first two weeks of instruction).
15. Have students identify their “programs of study” by the end of the first year (may include creating strategies to advertise majors and immerse students into career and transfer options).
16. Develop a comprehensive summer bridge program for high school students that promote on‐campus student services such as matriculation, financial aid, and counseling.
21. Work with faculty in providing effective and proactive intervention strategies to assist those who are struggling earlier in the semester.
27. Monitor students who have successfully completed a prerequisite Math and English course – but have still not enrolled in the next requisite course the following semester – and develop methods to increase availability of courses for these students, e.g., additional sections, shadow seats.
The EPSC meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 2:00 – 3:30 in E7-313. All are welcome to attend.
East Los Angeles College - 1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez - Monterey Park, CA 91754-6099 - Campus Phone: (323) 265-8650
Last Updated: 3/19/14