All ELAC students and employees are invited to join The National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service to discuss how service can impact your life – whether you serve or not. The Commission is interested to hear from students who have served and who might not have any desire to serve.
The conversation will take place
Wednesday, September 19th, 2018
East Los Angeles College
F5-209 in the Campus Center Building
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez,
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Please RSVP to Erin Schneider at Erin.A.Schneider@inspire2serve.gov.
Members of the Commission are:
- The Honorable Dr. Joseph Heck, Commission Chairman, former Member of the House of Representatives (NV-3)
- The Honorable Mark Gearan, Vice Chair for National and Public Service, former Director of the Peace Corps
- The Honorable Debra Wada, Vice Chair for Military Service, former Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs
- Mr. Edward Allard III, former Deputy Director of the Selective Service System
- Mr. Steve Barney, former General Counsel to the Senate Armed Service Committee
- The Honorable Dr. Janine Davidson, former Under Secretary of the Navy
- Ms. Avril Haines, former Principal Deputy National Security Advisor
- Ms. Jeanette James, former Professional Staff Member of the House Armed Services Committee
- Mr. Alan Khazei, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Be the Change, Inc.
- Mr. Thomas Kilgannon, President of Freedom Alliance
- Ms. Shawn Skelly, former Director, Executive Secretariat, U.S. Department of Transportation