- Career & Job Services
- How do I make an appointment with a counselor? How long are appointments?
Appointments are scheduled on Fridays for the following week. You can schedule an appointment in person or over the phone (priority is given to those who schedule in person). Appointments are usually scheduled for 60 minutes.
- When should I start visiting the Career & Job Services?
The Career & Job Services welcomes students from their first day on campus. Counselors are happy to discuss potential majors and careers with you from your first semester to after you leave ELAC and moved into the workforce. We also offer many workshops geared to students.
- I need to declare a major, how can I figure out what to major in and how does it relate to a future career?
It is fairly common for students to be unsure about their choice of majors and future career plans. Contact us and schedule an appointment to explore majors and career options that suit your interests, skills, and personality.
- I want to major in society but my parents want me to major in business. They are concerned about future job opportunities with a liberal arts degree. What should I do?
The first step is to set up an appointment with a career counselor ASAP. Bear in mind that academic choices and career choices are not the same. If you're a sociology major, that doesn't mean that you are limited to becoming sociogist. Many employers are more concerned with skills than one's major. They are looking for soft skill such as strong communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills-skills that your liberal arts degree can help you to develop.
- I need my resume and/or cover letter critiqued, what do I do?
You can schedule an appointment (call 323-415-4126 for an appointment) for a Resume critique.
- How do I find a job or internship?
We provide a list of job and internship opportunities on our online job database at http://www.studentcentral.com/
Additionally, We collaborate with the build LACCD interns program to help students find internships within the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD). The program offers exciting paid internships in a wide range of occupations in a variety of disciplines including construction management, architecture, engineering, computer graphics, film, marketing, business management, customer service, and many more. If interested, please schedule an appointment with the LACCD representative to discuss internship opportunities at our office or visit www.laccdinterns.org.
- Can alumni access and utilize your programs and services?
Yes. ELAC Alumni can access our services by using the same login information as was established when you were a student.
- I am thinking of a career change, what do I do?
When considering a career change, you will find that self-exploration and thorough career research could be of great importance and value in helping you make the right choice. Take a career assessments to find your strengths & passions.
- Do you offer computers for student use?
Student computer are available at Career & Job Services. Provide your student ID to use our computers. (You CANNOT print from our computers).
For additional inquiries or questions, please contact us at email@example.com