Your Browser Doesn't support the Javascript FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Skip navigation

East Los Angeles College

Home > Welcome & Support Resource Center > FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

A. Why visit the Welcome & Support Resource Center?

To find information about the college’s academic programs, access to computers, and directions to various student support services on campus.

B. How can I sign up for a campus tour?

No need to sign up just come to the center. Campus tours are given Monday- Friday at 12:15pm.

C. What are the Center’s office hours?

The Center is open Monday –Thursday from 8am-7pm and Friday 8am-4pm.

D. I’ve never attended college and want to come to ELAC. What do I need to do?

E. How much is the tuition?

Classes at East Los Angeles College are $46.00 per unit. There is also a mandatory $11.00 Health Fee, which helps support the Student Health Center.

F. How can I get help paying for college?

Financial Aid:
The EOP&S program offers students book grants for students to cover textbook expenses.

G. How can I challenge a Prerequisite?

Submit the Petition form along with necessary documents to the appropriate academic discipline department chair.

H. How can I contact a Professor/Instructor?

By email.
Professor's office hours.
Refer to the Faculty List and Contact Information

I. How can I get a job on campus?

Visit the Financial Aid Office for Work Study opportunities.
Visit offices and inquire about a Student Worker position.
Visit the Career & Job Services Office.

J. How can I get a copy of my transcript?

You can obtain unofficial transcripts by logging on to the student portal.
You can request Official Transcripts in person at the Office of Admissions and Records.
You can request transcripts via online to be sent to other campuses or your home.

All students are entitled to 2 free Transcripts and/or Verifications. Any additional copies may be requested for the price of $3.00.
Emergency Transcripts are available for a fee of $7.00; each additional Emergency Transcript is $10.00 per copy.

K. How can I challenge a grade I received?

L. What can I do if I have a problem with my instructor?

M. How can I drop a class?

Log on to the student portal
In person at the Office of Admissions and Records
OR by the professor (student is dropped right away this way)

N. Do I need to schedule an appointment to take the assessment test?

Assessments are offered on a walk-in basis only; No appointment needed. Students are admitted at any time during our Assessments Lab Hours. General lab hours & locations are shown below; however, please refer to our current assessment calendar for any recent adjustments.