- Institutional Effectiveness
- Data and Accountability
- Research Request
- Program Review and Annual Update Plans
- Enrollment Schedule Development
- College Plans
- Shared Governance Handbook
- Hiring Prioritization
- Program Viability
- Reports and Presentations
- OIEA Staff
- Research Staff Professional Development
Program Review Self-Evaluation and Annual Update Plan
Departments and units complete a comprehensive Program Review Self-Evaluation (PRSE) every six years and an annual update plan (AUP) each Fall between the comprehensive review. The PRSE is a comprehensive review of departments and units and is intended to set the planning, implementation, and evaluation foundations for the six-year cycle. The purpose of the AUP is to help units monitor annual progress on action plans and goals and validation committee recommendations made during the comprehensive program review process; plan and implement additional changes to improve student success and institutional effectiveness; and document changes within the department and in the discipline, college, state, or surrounding community that will be useful in conducting a unit's seven-year comprehensive program review.
The Annual Update Plan is used as the central process for requesting any resources. Each unit responds to questions regarding its efforts to meet program review recommendations, their unit goals, and the college's Strategic and Educational Master Plans. These responses are used to support unit requests for staff, faculty, equipment, facilities, and augmentations to annual budget allocations; they are prioritized based on the college's planning priorities.
Prior Program Review Submissions
Program Review Self-Evaluations and Annual Update Plans submitted by departments and units in prior years can be found on the PRVC SharePoint Site (Committee Documents then Previous PRSE, AUP and CUP Reports)
Completing the PRSE and AUP
The Program Review Self-Evaluation and Annual Update Plan can be accessed via the eLumen system.
The PRSE submission deadline is October 15th for departments/units submitting faculty requests and November 30th for those not submitting faculty requests.
PRSE and AUP Video Trainings
- Finding your PRSE
- Introduction and Certification*
- Purpose and Contributions to the College Mission
- SWOT Analysis*
- Program Strategy (formerly Program Update Plan)*
- Entering Goals into eLumen (Watch before starting the Program Strategy section)
- Department, Program, or Unit Access (Instructional)
- Department, Program, or Unit Access (Non-instructional)
- Department, Program, or Unit Effectiveness (Instructional)
- Department, Program, or Unit Effectiveness (Non-Instructional)
- Program Learning Outcomes Results Table*
- Assessment of Outcomes (Instructional)*
- Assessment of Outcomes (Non-instructional)*
- Program and Discipline Set Standards
- Department, Program, or Unit Improvement and Development
- Commendations, Guidance, and Recommendations - No action needed for Department, Program, or Units during the PRSE.
*Sections that are similar to the previous AUP.
Mission Statement and Goal Setting Materials
- Writing SMART Goals Handout
- Writing Mission Statements Handout
- Presentation on Mission Statements and Goal Setting
- PRSE Section on Course Completion
- PRSE Section on Program Completion
- PRSE Section on Program and Discipline Set Standards
All supplemental forms must be submitted as attachments to the completed Program Review Self-Evaluation (PRSE) or Annual Update Plan (AUP) in eLumen. Submissions will not be accepted outside of the PRSE or AUP.
- Hiring Prioritization Form - for requesting a full-time faculty position (Academic Departments only)
- Human Resources Form - for requesting a classified staff position
- Human Resources Rubric - used by ELAC's Human Resource Committee to evaluate Human Resources Forms
- Facilities Request Form
- Facilities Request Rubric - used by ELAC's Facilities Planning Subcommittee to evaluate Facilities Request Forms