- Campus Level Contact Tracing- Easy Check List
- Symptoms Self-Check Survey
- About The Corona Virus
- CARES Distribution
- ELAC Support Emails
- Emergency Text Notification
- Upcoming Events
- Stop the Spread Of Germs
- Remote Education Information: User Guides for Faculty and Staff
- What you need to know
- Hand Sanitizer Location
HEERF II Distribution
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law on Dec. 27, 2020 to provide support for education to ensure learning continues for students during the COVID-10 pandemic. East Los Angeles College (ELAC) received $5,398,522 in direct aid for students. Campus also allocated portion of its institutional HEERF funds in direct aid for students.
The HEERF II Emergency Fund is intended to assist those experiencing financial hardship due to unforeseen/unexpected/urgent events related to COVID-19. Since March 26, 2021, ELAC distributed $6,542,000 to 11,319 students during Spring 2021 term.
Students who did not receive the HEERF II funds and believe they meet the following requirement, may apply for the funds through application process.
To be eligible for the HEERF II Emergency Fund, applicants must:
- Be actively enrolled at ELAC during the application term and at the time of disbursement.
- Have designated ELAC as their home school.
- Have not received HEERF II funding from any other institution.
Priority will be given to students in the following order:
- Students who have not received HEERF II funding.
- Pell Grant
- Students who self-identify as homeless or foster youth.
- Demonstrate an exceptional financial need due to COVID-19 such as:
The applications will be reviewed by a committee. The committee will make the decision to either approve or deny a request and on the amounts granted based on specific factors. These factors include, but are not limited to:
- The number of requests received compared to the funds available.
- The nature and urgency of the student's emergency
- The specific and immediate impact the emergency may have on the student's living and academic circumstances.
- Other resources or support available to the student.
- The student's current financial standing
If selected as an award recipient, you will be notified of the amount you are eligible for through your LACCD assigned email.
Funds will be disbursed through the BankMobile refund process. For federal compliance, East Los Angeles College must show the amount of the emergency funding you receive in your financial aid award for the award year.
To set up your BankMobile account visit www.refundselection.com. For assistance with setting up your account contact the welcome center (email@example.com). For assistance obtaining a code contact the fiscal office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application deadline for Summer 2021 term is August 13, 2021. Availabilities of funds will be based on first comes first serves.
Students may access to the HEERF II Funds application through their Student Portal under the icon “Scholarship” or click the link: https://tinyurl.com/ELAC-HEERFIISU21
Questions pertaining to the HEERF II Funds maybe send to email address: email@example.com Response will be provided within 72 hours from the time the email received.