Law and Paralegal
Welcome to ELAC-LAW, the Law program at East Los Angeles College.
Interested in a career in Law, Government, International Business and Global Trade, Public Service, Law Enforcement and related legal fields?
ELAC LAW offers streamlined pathways to legal careers and transfer to four-year universities, including paths to launch students toward well-paying legal careers - including Attorney, Legal Support Professional, Paralegal and Legal Assistant, and Government Specialist.
ELAC-LAW provides an associate degree for transfer to 4-year universities that helps prepare students for Law School or other Graduate School programs.
Certificate of Achievement:
- Executive Legal Assistant
- International Law and Public Policy Administration
- Legal Support Professional
Associate in Arts Degree:
Lawyer / Attorney Pathway:
Law, Public Policy and Society, A.A. Degree for Transfer (AD-T*)
- Transfer to 4-year university, graduate Law School and become licensed
- Attorney Annual Income: $145,300 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Embark on an exciting career as an Attorney at Law (Indeed)
ELAC-LAW provides certifications to prepare students for immediate access to jobs in well-paying legal, government and law-related careers.
Legal Support Professional, Paralegal and Legal Assistant Pathway:
- Legal Office Assistant Certificate - Complete in 1 semester
- Executive Legal Assistant Certificate of Achievement
- International Law and Public Policy Certificate of Achievement
- Legal Support Professional Certificate of Achievement
- Legal Support Professional Annual Income: $73,320 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Paralegal Annual Income: $55,020 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Government Specialist Annual Income: $56,860 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Embark on an exciting career as a Paralegal, Legal Support Professional, or Government Specialist. Consider some exciting Paralegal, Legal Support Professional, and Government Specialist Job Opportunities (Indeed)
To review all the Law and Paralegal Certificates and Degrees offered in our Law Program, and for information on how to submit and receive your certificates, take a look at this easy-to-use checklist of ELAC LAW Program Certificate and Degrees.
Your future is limitless with ELAC-LAW!