Welcome to the
Center for Global
Education and Engagement
STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS for 2024
We have summer programs in Ireland, France, Italy, Japan, Indonesia and a winter program in Mexico. For more information click on "Study Abroad Programs" on the navigation bar on the left-hand side of this page. The Spain program will resume in the summer of 2025.
REQUIREMENTS for any study abroad program offered at ELAC
- You must be 18 years of age to participate in our programs.
- You must enroll at ELAC during your stay abroad.
- You must have a passport that will not expire by the time you return to the United States. It may take months to apply for one so if you do not have one and you are serious about joining one of our programs submit your paperwork to the State Department as soon as possible. (Many post offices have embedded passport agencies).
- You must attend the information session that corresponds to the program you are interested in participating.
- For some European nations it will be necessary to apply for a VISA for travel occurring after January 1, 2024.
The GILMAN SCHOLARSHIP
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs offers students who are U.S. citizens and receive a federal Pell grant an opportunity to apply for the Gilman International Scholarship, which could pay up to the entire cost of the study abroad program.
Please join the CGEE office for an online Zoom information session on December 1, 2023 from 12:30 to 1pm. Please use the following link to connect to the meeting: https://laccd.zoom.us/j/87504651956