What is ASU?
The Associated Student Union (ASU) is the official Student Government of East Los Angeles College. The ASU board is made up of Executive officers, and Senators which seek to represent its' constituents. ASU advocates the needs of the student body at the College, District, and State levels. We encourage student involvement and participation in the Student Government. Do you know who is reprensenting you at East Los Angeles College Student Government?
Make sure to check this page often for updates. Do you like social media better? You can follow ASU official Facebook and Instagram account!
Applications for the Associated Student Union 2023-2024 are now available!
Applications are due March 24, 2023 by 12:00 PM
Visit or contact the Student Activities Office for any questions. (F5-212)
E-Chat with an ASU Representative
To E-Chat with a representative please follow the steps below:
- Online chat works best with the Chrome web browser. You can download it HERE.
- Select the “Knock on Door” button on the card of any Representative whose status is “Online” below:
- Use your “Canvas” account login information if you are a current OR Create a guest account to login once you have agreed to the terms.
- Wait for pop-up window to appear to start E-Chat
- If no one is available please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can join?
All registered students at East Los Angeles College can join by paying the member fee of $7.00 Fall/Spring ASU fee. ($3.00 for Winter/Summer sessions). Membership supports the activities of the ASU and other student organizations including campus clubs
What are the benefits of becoming an ASU member?
- 30 prints per semester
- Community discount card
- Promotional items at ASU events
- Flash drive for Dean/President's list
- 15 scantrons/10 green books (Fall/Spring)
- 10 scantrons/ 5 green books (Summer/Winter)
- Calculator Rental Program
- ASU Scholarships (Fall/Spring)
- Access to ASU parking structures, with paid parking permit
*Student ID required with ASU sticker to access ASU benefits*
*While supplies last*
WE ARE HERE TO ASSIST
For more information, contact the Student Activities Office at (323) 265-8742 or email us at email@example.com. You can always stop by our offices located in the Student Activities office in F5-212.
ASU Vacant Position Application
How to: Submit Funding Request Forms
Where to find us?
Office Hours and Location
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:00AM - 7:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
1301 Avenida Cesar Chavez,
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Campus Student Center Building
Student Activities Office
ELAC MAIN CAMPUS
Phone: (323) 265-8742
2340 Firestone Blvd,
South Gate, CA 90280
ASU Cubicle #4
SOUTH GATE CAMPUS
Phone: (323) 265-8742