After the completion of all required courses, students will:
- Explain the role and responsibility of the physical therapy aide
- Assist with specific treatments under a therapist’s supervision
- Assist with administrative tasks when required
- Safely transfer and transport patients, clients, and students
- Assist with housekeeping activities
- Assist with general treatment procedures
- Apply job-keeping skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of therapeutic agents, materials, and equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment
Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor's degree, should meet with an academic and/or transfer counselor to discuss transfer requirements.
Important Notice: In the event of a discrepancy between the information presented above and the online and/or print versions of the ELAC Catalog, please contact the Kinesiology Department.