Welcome to the Honors Program
- MUSIC 111: Music Appreciation. Section # 13824. Class meets online, first session (06/14/21-07/18/21).
- THEATER 100: Introduction to the Theater. Section #14693. Class meets online, first session (06/14/21-07/18/21) with 3 Zoom sessions of Fridays.
- LIBRARY SCIENCE 101: College Research Skills. Section #11783. Class meets online, second session (07/19/21-08/22/21). All course materials will be provided digitally, free of cost.
Due to Covid-19 all counseling appointments will be conducted via video conferencing or by telephone. Visit the ELAC Counseling Center website to schedule an appointment.
New Students: Students interested in joining the ELAC/SG Honors Program must schedule an appointment with a counselor to complete the program application. Applications are accepted year-round. First-year students are required to provide copies of their high school transcripts.
Welcome to the Honors Program Website. Here you will find helpful news and information about the East Los Angeles College Honors Program, the college's premier transfer program.
JOIN THE HONORS PROGRAM
YOUR PATH TO ACADEMIC SUCCESS:
The East Los Angeles Honors Program, which is recognized by UCLA, UC Riverside, UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, Whitman College, Pitzer College, Pomona College, Mills College, Loyola Marymount University, and Occidental College, has been developed to provide highly motivated students with an intellectually stimulating learning environment. The Honors Program consists of a series of courses specifically designed to successfully prepare students for the transition from ELAC to a four-year university or college.
- Full-time and part-time students are welcome.
- Honors certification guarantees priority consideration for admission at eleven four-year colleges and universities throughout California and Washington.
How to Join the Honors Program
To apply for admission to the Honors Program, see an Honors Counselor, Counseling Department in E1-127 or call (323) 265-8751.