Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I am a student in high school or middle school and I want to take courses with ELAC. How do I sign up?

A: Follow the directions listed here:

Q: I forgot my password for my LACCD student portal. How do I reset it? 

A: Click on this link 

Q: I forgot my security question, who do I contact?

A: Students should send an email to and include: description of your problem, your name, your student ID, your email, your phone number, and best days/times to reach you.

Q: Can parents or K-12 counselors get information about their child's information?

A: Parents or guardians will not have access to a student's records (including grades and transcripts) without the student's written consent, the student's minor status notwithstanding.

Q: Do I have to pay for classes? 

A: If you are middle school/ high school student, completed a K-12 form, and do not have more than 11 units, the classes are tuition free. 

Q: I graduated from high school, but I have a High School hold on my record. 

A: Complete a High School Graduation update form and submit it to the Admissions Office.

Q: Can undocumented students enroll into an Early College Program course?

A: Yes, undocumented students can take courses offered by the Early College Program.*Once you have graduated from high school please contact the Admissions Office and Dream Resource Center to get more information from about continuing your education at ELAC.