- Transfer Center
- Transfer Services
- Book Counseling Appointment
- How to Transfer
- Transfer Planning
- Apply For Transfer
- Associate Degree for Transfer
- Transfer Programs
- TAG Information
- Events Calendar
- Transfer Info Websites
- University Representative Visits
- GPA Calculator
- Workshop Materials
- Transfer Committee
The University of California system is a world-class, public institution with 9 undergraduate campuses. 150 academic disciplines are offered across UC campuses, preparing students to be leaders in research, graduate study, and professional careers.
- UC Requirements
- UC Majors
- UC Transfer Pathways
- Transfer Admission Guarantee
- Personal Insight Questions
UC Minimum Requirements:
- Complete 60 UC-transferable units
- Earn a 2.4 GPA in all UC-transferable courses
- Complete the required 7-course pattern with a grade of C or better in each course:
- 1. English 101
- 2. English 102 or 103
- 3. Transferable math - Math 227 or higher; Eng Gen 221; or Bus 15
- 4-7. Four courses chosen from at least 2 of the following areas:
- Arts & Humanities (IGETC Area 3)
- Social & Behavioral Sciences (IGETC Area
- Physical & Biological Sciences (IGETC Area 5)
Follow these tips and steps to make sure you are prepared to apply and transfer from ELAC to a UC school:
- Complete at least 60 UC Transferable Units (This must include completion of the UC seven course pattern as well as some of your major preparation, general education coursework. Use Assist.org to help you determine which ELAC courses can be transferred to a UC.)
- Obtain a minimum grade point average of 2.4 if you are a resident or 2.8 if you are a non-resident. Keep in mind that this is the minimum required GPA and does not guarantee admission to a UC. A higher GPA will help you be a more competitive candidate.
- Complete lower division coursework in your major.
- Although completion of courses in your major is not required for admission unless your major is impacted, it is highly recommended that you begin taking your lower division major coursework while you are at ELAC.
- Begin Completing your General Education Requirements.
- Follow the IGETC GE Pattern to determine which GE courses you can begin taking now. For more information regarding general education, please contact a counselor or university representative.
- Meet with a Counselor & UC University Representative.
- For further information on the requirements and process to transfer to the University of California, please make an appointment with a counselor in the Transfer Center (D-7).
- Create a Transfer Admissions Planner account.
- Start your application.
- Review upcoming UC application deadlines to make sure you submit your UC application on time.
Helpful links for UC’s
Counseling appointments can be booked starting Fridays at 8AM for the following week.