Assessment Center has reopened!
Assessment services are available in person. You may now connect with our staff using the following options:
- In Person - Please visit the Assessment Center (E1-183) during our office hours. Please note that a mask is required regardless of vaccination status.
- Over the Phone - Please call (323) 415-4141. In case we miss your call, please leave your name & phone number, and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Live Chat (instant messaging) - Chat with an assessment staff member in real time. This option is ideal for general questions. Please see our Live Chat instructions.
- Online Video Meeting - Schedule an online appointment to receive assessment services. A confirmation email (with meeting link) will be sent to your ELAC email.
- Email - Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and student ID#. Emails are typically answered within 1 business day.
New English & Math Assessment
ELAC has implemented a new English & Math assessment process known as Multiple Measures. Students who earned a U.S. high school diploma, passed the General Educational Development (GED) test, or earned a high school proficiency certificate within the past ten (10) years, are eligible to participate in the Multiple Measures process.
The Multiple Measures process consists of using high school coursework, high school grades, and high school GPA to determine English and Math placement levels.
New ESL Assessment
ELAC has implemented a new English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment process known as ESL Guided Self-Placement. This new process provides ESL course recommendations by considering a student’s background and abilities with the English language. Students that would like to enroll in ESL courses are invited to participate in this new process.
In response to Assembly Bill (AB) 705, East Los Angeles College has moved away from standardized testing as the primary means of assessing students. Please note:
- As of January 2019, the English & Math assessment tests are no longer offered at East Los Angeles College.
- As of January 2020, the English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment test is no longer offered at East Los Angeles College.
For more information, please call (323) 415-4141 or visit the Assessment Center (E1-183).
The Assessment Center will be closed:
Thursday, Nov 11, 2021