Application Request - PDF
Application Request Students wishing to apply to the following programs:
- Health Information Technology Program (Fully Online)
- Registered Health Information Technology Apprenticeship Program
- Health Information Coding Program
- Interventional Radiology Coding
Contact the Allied Health Department Chair, Monica Thurston, MBA, RHIA at Google Voice Number (562) 980-5185, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If any of prerequisite courses or core courses have been taken elsewhere, transcripts should be sent to both the ELAC office of Admissions and the Health Information Technology Program office located within the Allied Health Department. Students should initiate a General Petition in the Admissions Office requesting that credit be granted for those courses which the student feels they are eligible. The General Petition can be retrieved from http://www.elac.edu/Student- Services/Admissions/Forms.
Students wishing to transfer health information technology courses or health information management courses must come from an institution which is regionally accredited and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management (CAHIIM). The Challenge Petition should be submitted to the HIT Program Director along with copies of the transcripts. The Challenge Petition can be retrieved from http://www.elac.edu/Student-Services/Admissions/Forms.
DEADLINES: The Health Information Technology Program accepts applications during the following times:
- Application Deadline is June 1st to start in the Fall Semester (August).
- Application Deadline is December 1st to start in the Spring Semester (February).
- The Interventional Radiology Program is only offered during the Spring Semester.
This program provides priority placement for veterans, active-duty service members and their respective spouses under the Jobs for Veterans Act. Completed applications from U.S. active-duty personnel, veterans or those people who have had a veteran’s rights transferred to them will receive priority