Umoja Student Benefits:
- A supportive community of faculty, staff, and peers to walk with you through your academic and personal journey here at ELAC
- Career and academic counseling
- Assistance with transferring to HBCU’s and other 4-year institutions
- Umoja sponsored events, workshops, and conferences
- Cultural experiences
- Create lifelong friendships and networks
Umoja students are part of a two-semester college success program and learning community that provides a dedicated support system to help students reach their academic goals and life purpose. We have a counselor dedicated to making himself available for student support and faculty who are readily available to guide and serve you. Centered in a holistic approach, the Umoja program encourages, engages, nurtures, and connects with students We hope to aid students in greater outcomes not just in transfer and completion but academically, spiritually, and emotionally as well. Umoja supports a curriculum focused on the African American experience through literature, history, and various art forms.