Live Chat with a Counselor
Connect with a counselor through "Live Chat" for brief discussions. Counselors may review topics with you for up to 15-20 minutes. Other reasons may require an appointment.
Schedule: Live Chat is typically available during the following times:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Reasons: General Questions
- Steps for new students
- Course Recommendations for 1 semester, Abbreviated SEPs
- Update Home College, Major or Ed Goal
- Campus Forms such as: Prerequisite clearance review, Academic Renewal, Removal of substandard grade, Additional Units Overload, Honors Applications
- Grad Petitions (all courses taken within LACCD)
- UC/CSU GE certification review (LACCD)
- Click the “Live Chat Counseling” button below.
- Read the consent statement and choose “Agree.”
- Log in using your LACCD Student Portal credentials. If you are a prospective student, create a guest account.
- Select an appropriate reason code. Not all reason codes can be accommodated in a “Live Chat” session.
Use Chrome or Firefox. Be prepared to offer a phone number if there are issues with the audio, visual, or chat functions.
Hours of Operation
Monterey Park Campus:
8:00AM to 3:30PM