The Career and Job Services Center offers a variety of services to help decide and plan your career goals. Our services include:
Meet with a career counselor to discuss your major and career options. Together you can decide what next steps are best for you!
- The process of choosing a major or career often begins with a self-assessment. The career assessments are great tools to get you started on exploring your interests, skills, values and personality preferences. Schedule a Career Intake today and complete a career assessment!
- Keep in mind that no single assessment can tell you “what you should be” and that successful career planning will require more than one appointment.
Perhaps you already have a major or career you are interested in but want more information regarding your options. The career counselors can assist you with researching careers and majors to clarify your career path.
- Resume & Cover Letter Critiques
- We are here to help you improve and develop a well written resume & cover letter that reflects your experience and skills to employers.
- Interview Preparation
- The job interview process is where you get to share your work experience and skills. Schedule a mock interview appointment today to prepare and practice for the real job interview.
The College Central Database is a free exclusive Job Database available to current and former ELAC students. Stop by the center and check out the Job Board!
Workshops are provided throughout the academic year to assist you with your career planning. Topics include: Major Exploration, Resume Writing, Job Search Strategies, and Interview Preparation. Visit our Event Calendar for the current schedule of workshops and to sign-up!
- The Hire a Husky Job Fair is typically held in the Spring Semester and it is a great opportunity for students and community members to speak to employers and find job opportunities!
- Career panels are hosted throughout the academic year and they are a great way to connect with professionals in the field and learn about various career paths!
Due to COVID-19, Career & Job Services only offers remote services, and all in-person services have been suspended until further notice.
Career services are offered through live chat, phone, video-conferencing, and email using platforms such as Cranium Cafe.
Monday-Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Career Counseling Appointment
ELAC Job Database
College Central services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and allows you to search, save, and instantly apply to opportunities that match your skills and interests. Activate your account today!
Click here for College Central Instructions Guide
Career & Job Opportunities:
East Los Angeles College
Courtyard by Marriott
Upcoming Workshops & Events:
Office Hours and location
Live Chat Available
Mondays to Thursdays: 11:00AM - 1:00PM