- Online Classes
- How do I take online classes at ELAC?
- Next Steps - After registering for an online class
- How to Add a Class on the Student Portal
- Waitlist Policy for Closed Classes
- Instructor Resources
- Canvas Training and Support
- Accessibility Guidelines
- Zoom Resources
- Canvas Support for Students
- SIS Student Resources
- Online Student Support Services
- Certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- Pre-Assessment Quiz
- Instructional Software
- Online Staff
- Step to Success
Online Student Support Services
EMAIL SUPPORT CONTACT INFORMATION
Click on a link below to email an office/department at ELAC.
|Academic Affairs - (Including Instruction, Library, Tutoring, & Academic Support Labs)|
|Admissions & Records|
|Adult Education - (Includes Offsite, Non Credit, Escalante & Community Services)|
|American Job Center of California|
|Career and Job Services|
|Dream Resource Center & Education Justice Center|
|Extended Opportunity Programs & Services|
|Foster and Kinship|
|International Students Office|
|LA College Promise/ First Year Center|
|Latina Completion & Transfer Academy|
|Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement|
|South Gate Campus|
|Student Health Center|
|Student Progress & Retention Center|
Here are some quick links for the following student services:
- Student Services
- Clarification of college procedures and policies
- Referrals to other programs/services
Apply online for admission to East Los Angeles College
- Registration Information: Within 24-48 hours (weekend and holidays excluded) of submitting your application, the Admissions Office will process your application and e-mail you general registration information including your ELAC Student ID Number.
- To Register for an online course, follow the registration procedures and put in the section number of the online course.
- To add an online course, go to the Student Portal Login and request to add.
Within this system you can:
- Add or update your email address
- View your registration appointment
- View placement results
- Add/Drop Classes
- View and pay fees
- Check your class schedule
- Check your holds
- View your personal information
- View your grades
- View class subject
- View your unoffical transcript
- Check the status of your Financial Aid application
- Request Voter information
Information and downloadable application for financial aid and scholarships
- FAFSA application
Canvas Course Login Info: If you are having difficulty logging in, remember to check the login directions under Canvas Course Login Information page. If you have questions concerning the ELAC Distance Learning Program or individual courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Library: Research help from an online chat service. This service is prepared to answer reference questions and provide brief information about your local library. The normal session is less than 15 minutes. The librarian can either give you the answer, or show you how to find the answer yourself next time, if you like.
Counseling: The Counseling Department is here to serve all current and prospective students of East Los Angeles College. Our counselors can help you develop a plan to reach your goals whether you want to transfer from ELAC to a university, earn an Associate degree or career certificate, or take courses for your own personal development. (Click on the title to access sites.)
Bookstore: On-line book ordering - Go to East Los Angeles College web site, click on the ELAC Bookstore Quick Link or go to http://bookstore.elac.edu, order your book(s), and pick it (them) up the next day.
Online Writing Lab (OWL): ELAC is now offering an Online Writing Center (OWL) to students enrolled in any courses. Online tutoring is delivered using an online course management system similar to Canvas, but offers an interactive interface where students can view their tutor and vice versa via webcams. The student can see the tutor providing guidance through an interactive white board. The focus of the tutoring session is on thesis development, paragraph focus and development and overall essay focus. It is NOT for proofreading.